The Putnam Valley library is offering Passport Acceptance and Notary Public Services by appointment.
For Passport Acceptance Service appointments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all applicants:
- Bring your completed DS-11 form –
- Form is available at the Putnam Valley Library or on travel.state.gov – where you can type in your information and print out the completed form
- Bring government issued photo ID and a photocopy of the front and back (e.g., driver’s license) – unless you’re a little kid!
- Bring the new passport photo. (Try CVS, Walgreens, etc.)
- Bring two checks or money orders: one will be made out to “Department of State” – amount will vary depending on what services you want; the other to “Putnam Valley Library” for $35 per applicant
For first passports:
- Adults (age 16 and older) – All of the above plus original or certified copy of your birth certificate, plus a photocopy of the front and back.
- Children (under age 16) – All of the above plus original or certified copy of birth certificate, plus a photocopy of the front and back.
o Depending on the age of the child one or both parents may be required to appear and bring government-issued photo ID. Please email email@example.com to confirm details.
o If a renewal for a child (under age 16) – Bring the expiring passport plus a photocopy of the front and back of the birth certificate, in addition to above
You may also visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/need-passport/apply-in-person.html for forms and information and feel free at any time to ask our Acceptance Agents any question via firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms are also available at the Library.
For Notary Public Service appointment scheduling please email email@example.com. Do not include any personal information in your email. This is only for scheduling purposes.