The library is always seeking financial donations to help us provide the best possible service to the community. Our mailing address is: 30 Oscawana Lake Rd, Putnam Valley, NY 10579
You may also donate via PayPal. Please use the link in the left hand column on our website.
Also, by using AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to Putnam Valley Free Library.
Bookmark the link http://smile.amazon.com/ch/14-1495553 or simply click on the AmazonSmile icon below.
When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate to Putnam Valley Free Library. Support us every time you shop.
Join the Friends of the Putnam Valley Library
The Friends of the Putnam Valley Library is an independent 501(c)(3) organization formed exclusively to support the services, programs and resources of the Putnam Valley Library as it serves our community.
The purposes of the organization include:
• To advocate for the Library and promote the importance of the Library as a significant educational and cultural institution in the community.
• To focus public attention on the Putnam Valley Library, and to promote and stimulate use of the Library’s facilities, resources and services by the community.
• To provide supplemental resources to the Library through fundraising efforts.
• To encourage support of the Library through gifts, volunteer services, endowments and bequests for the benefit of the Library.
How much does the Library Benefit You?
Bequests to the Putnam Valley Library
How will your planned gift be used at the Putnam Valley Library?
Library endowments provide permanent funding for your Library. Your investment in the Library will enrich the entire community. Your gift will be used as you have designated to support the library’s mission of service. You may establish an endowment fund for a specific program (such as the Children’s Library or STEM education) or place no restrictions on the gift, allowing the Putnam Valley Library Trustees the freedom to direct the funds toward the purchase of materials or to particular programs in response to the Library’s evolving needs.
What assets can you use to fund a planned gift?
- Gifts of cash are among the most popular ways of giving to non-profit organizations such as libraries.
- Gifts of appreciated securities or bonds may prove more advantageous than gifts of cash. They not only generate a charitable income tax deduction but also, in most cases, eliminate the capital gain tax.
- Gifts of real estate can be used as a gift with retained life use, or to fund a life income agreement.
- Gifts of closely held stock or other business interests can be converted into cash, benefiting both you and the Putnam Valley Library.
- Corporate matching gifts, if applicable, will enhance your planned gift to the library.
Why you should consider making a Gift to the Putnam Valley Library in your Will
- A substantial gift to the Putnam Valley Library can be made without affecting your family’s current financial security.
- Planned Giving brings you considerable tax advantages, including income, gift, and estate tax charitable deductions, and, in most cases, avoidance of capital gain tax.
- The amount and ultimate use of the funds may be designated.
- A bequest for general endowment carries in perpetuity a name designated by the donor.
- You share in the good feeling that comes from knowing that your gift will help secure the library’s future.
To make your bequest to the Putnam Valley Library please use the Federal Tax ID number: 14-149-5553 .
Please contact the Putnam Valley Library for any questions or assistance and thank you for considering a bequest to your library!